Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nitro team gullwing? opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
nx_911_turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOTGUNABEER View Post
Thinking about snagging one of sierra. From what i have read they seam like a solid board. Anybody have one or rode one before?
You'll love it, depending on what you want it for. I bought one as a second board for messing around with, as the Concept TMS isn't the most playful board. This thing is soft enough to be easy to press, but still has some good pop, and is serving well at helping me work my way back into kickers and the park. It doesn't offer quite the stability or edge hold of something like the TMS, though, which I found out the hard way (my fault, really, as I decided to test it by seeing how fast I could hold an aggressive carve on extremely hard snow/ice in some spots...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Nitro is very popular in Europe, but hasn't caught on as much in the US. In general, they seem to make a great product. Their Gullwing tech is similar to Mervin's C2 and NS' RC, which is proven to kick ass. I've been tempted by their deal on that board too, in a 159. I'm just not sure how the flex is, b/c at that size I want it to be on the upper end of a medium flex. In the video on Sierra's site, the dude classifies it as a freestyle stick, which should still be fine for AM use for most people, but I'm not sure if it would be stiff/responsive enough for the charging I'd do with it.
How much do you weigh, and what would you be hoping it'd be similar to? It's fairly soft, but stiffer than the park boards I got a chance to demo before buying it (K2 stuff mostly, like the Parkstar, Darkstar, Jibpan, and a Slayblade for the hell of it). I'm 240 on a 162 as a "park" board, and it's exactly what I'm looking for. It isn't the greatest for charging for me, but that is most likely because I'm comparing it to the Ride board I picked up this year, too. It's definitely got a quick base, and was stable enough for me to outrun my instructor for the first lesson I've taken in 10 years my first day on it, pretty much any time I wanted (he was riding a cambered Arbor, can't remember the model).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOTGUNABEER View Post
well i did buy one so hopefully i can put some runs on it before the season closes, ill put a review =D
Look forward to seeing another person's opinion of this thing after riding it! I know I'm definitely enjoying mine.
nx_911_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote