Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

falling out of my boots

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Edwin S. Darden 
G
#1 ·
I need help finding new boots... I have very skinny feet, ankles, and calfs to the point where no matter how much I tighten my boots they always feel loose. I've had this problem with every pair of boots that I've owned. I try them on in the store and they feel fine but ten minutes into riding with them and they start feeling really loose.

My current boots are women's 8.5 Burton Sapphire. If anyone can suggest a brand or style that might fit me properly I would really appreciate it.

G
#5 ·
I don't remember exactly how they felt in the store (I bought them a while ago) but my toes do touch the tips of the boots slightly. I think the boots are the perfect length, and even if they're a little wide in the foot I'm not really bothered by that. Mostly they're just reallllyy loose in the ankles and calfs, which i think affects my ability to control my board.

#3 ·
Get a higher quality boot maybe? Burtons typically suck and the ones you got have bad reviews from what I've heard

Look into the Nike boots as they're known for having one of the best fits in the industry

#6 ·
That being said, Burton boots fit me like a fucking glove and haven't failed yet.

Can't speak for your pair, as I don't have experience with women's boots, but every brand tends to fit a differently shaped foot, so maybe they are too narrow for you.

#7 ·
Instead of buying new boots have you looked into getting your boot professionally fitted. If your feet/calf really are unusually narrow that would be your only option anyway.

#14 · (Edited)
You might try something with a dual zone boa, so that you can tighten the boots around your ankle as well. I have a pair of DC Judge women's boots, they have a pump at the top which allows you to tighten to boots around your ankles more, thus setting your foot back. Remember the old Reebok Pumps? (or not...I may have dated myself...again...:rolleyes:) Those boots ended up being too big for me so I don't wear them anymore, but they are super comfy and I would recommend them.

Also, you might want to consider your sizing, you may be just buying boots that are too big (I had this problem). Your boot size will not be the same as your regular shoe size, you'll want to go down a size, maybe a size and a half. Also if you downsize, it it's feasible, bring your board with you, once you strap in, the bindings set your foot back which relieves pressure on your toes. When you first try a smaller boot, you might be thinking the boots you're trying on are too tight, but boots get broken in, expand and get softer and feel completely different once strapped in.

Also try going to your local shop, they can hook you up with a J-Bar or something. They'll know what to do.

#15 ·
Boot fit

Forget the brands. Go to a shop with a large selection of ski and snowboard boots. Try on lots of things and move around in the size. Be sure you're wearing the socks you ride in. Then, have the shop "fit" the boots to your feet. That, in some boots, may include vacuum heat molding. It may also include inserts, wedges, etc. to make the boots uniquely yours. It's not expensive and it will change the way you ride...especially if you have trouble with off-the-shelf stuff like I do.

G
#18 ·
To the OP---

I am a girl and I have Burton boots and they def do fit like a glove. I have pretty big calf muscles and its impossible for me to find good fitting boots. I have tried other brands, but Burton def did fit me the best.

The only reason I want to check out DC's is cause of the dual zone Boa

But it doesnt matter what anyone suggests....when you go shopping for boots the boots have to pick you, you cant pick them. Just gotta keep trying different ones on until you find the perfect ones.

G
#21 · (Edited)
I think you would enjoy a BOA boot because it is easier to get in and out of and you almost do not even need a internal harness to hold your foot down. Let the boa do the work for you!

For me the Nike boot fit all over the place? The Zoom you need to up size at least one full size and then the high end boot fits pretty good but no better then other brands like Vans and Salomon at a much more reasonable price point.

G
#23 ·
I did say that shit and maybe you do not know shit! I ride a 10 in Vans and tried riding a 10 1/2 in the Zoom I could not ride more then half the day? They were fresh out of the box but still killing my feet. At one point I was riding with the liner and outer shell unlaced just to make it down the hill to take them off. Maybe I just had a bad experience but I would buy them a size larger then Vans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.