Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

'shrinkage' vs sizing down

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  john doe 
#1 ·
I have big feet. I wear a 14 or 15 in shoes depending on the brand. so, I bought a size 15 burton boot. I got the freestyle and it doesn't have their 'shrinkage' technology, so its very bulky and it feels big after riding them a few times.

I was thinking about picking up a pair of 14s for a smaller boot or picking up a pair of rulers or other burton a 15 which have the 'shrinkage' technology.

If I had somewhere close still open to try on the boots, I would, but I don't. So I'd like to hear what people here have seen with fit in a boot with 'shrinkage'.

#2 ·
i have 2 pair of boots and 2 boards.

My first pair of boots are 07 burton hails...they are massive and ideal for cruising down the mtn.
My other pair of boots are the'10 burton hails with shrinkage tech.

the new models are sick. they are A LOOTTT thinner and less bulky. i wear 10.5 sneakers and both my boots are 10.5 but i think that my older models may be 1/2 size too small. So what i do is take out the inserts from my new boots and put them in my older ones.

If u have large bindings, then the shrinkage boots may be too small for them. Not all necessarily true though. I cant wear my new boots with my CO2 bindings cuz the bindings are too large..but on my P1.1 bindings, that isnt the case.

The main thing about shrinkage is that they match your current sneaker size and are less bulky...thats about it..which is a good thing:thumbsup:

#7 ·
Look at the Salomon F20 or F22 also. They have an integrated liner that makes them have a smaller footprint. My friend's 11.5 F20's are the exact same length as my 10.5 Ride Anthem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.