Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking For A Solid Pipe and Powder Deck
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
ippy

Default Looking For A Solid Pipe and Powder Deck

i know technically this is a bit of a buggy one. Im getting some sound advice at sierra, but spreading the net a bit if you dont mind.

A bit of background: About to start season 4 (well, in december/january next year), and got a real taste for playing in the trees and semi-backcountry at niseko, but also loved loved loved riding up and down walls and the natural halfpipes dotted outside the gates. I reckon its time to start moving a bit more seriously in those directions, but i dont want to focus entirely on one to the detriment of the other. Loved my sierrascope, but it just didnt feel aggressive enough for what i wanted to do so looking for something that will complement it.
The aim is to find basically a mid stiff (7ish on the international flex scale that everyone abides by), directional freestyle, twin, freeride, tapereable powder-pipe deck
Oh, and i got a bit of a taste for air this year, so if it has wings, i probably want it.

As i say, i know its a stupid thing to look for at the end of the day, but im getting some positive hits so far:

Top of the list has been the food court gansta which honestly im really stoked on, sounds awesome, just wish it had a sintered base.
Second may be the quiver killer which seems like the update (and may actually be the board i want).
Rome design was also mentioned, but seems a bit heavy on the pocket.
Finally also got a mention for ride society.

Any advice is honestly appreciated, im definitely looking for a more aggressive board, ill use my scope for more playful messing around days, but really want a board thats going to smack me around a bit. If i had to put it in figures, im talking about a 60% natural terrain/powder emphasis and 40% pipe/jump emphasis if that makes sense. This will probably translate into a twin freeride that slays pow in truth. If you can work out my nonsense and know what i want despite my words getting in the way, please throw some ideas in. ill research it, i just need the pointers.

Last thing: 5'10" and 175lbs. Thinking something around 159. Rode a 163 once and it felt like i was strapped to a canoe

Thanks guys and girls, i appreciate the help particularly given that i yammer on.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote