Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking For A Solid Pipe and Powder Deck
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
ippy

ha! i dont mind if its burton or not (well, other than the channel and having to factor in new bindings on top of the price). In fact, what with the lifting of international restrictions, im pretty stoked that its even available to me

Anyone have a bit of experience with the quiver killer though? It seems kind of top of my consideration (along with food court gangsta).

Also, as for the scope in powder. The reason this whole thing came up is honestly because when i was at niseko in february, the one thing it felt just a little bit sluggish with was deeper and steeper powder. You really have to throw yourself into a turn sometimes to stop it from just washing out under you. It also had a bit of a tendency to nose dive. DOnt get me wrong, i <3 the deck, but my previous deck (and the one i learned on) was an artec 2.3 which is pretty angry as boards go That thing will beat the crap out of you if you screw up in the slightest. I love the scope, will still be riding it next season the most, but on days when i want a bit more of a fight, i want something a bit more aggressive to tear into the mountain. It seems the closest compromise might be really a jump/freeride like the seeker or the quiver killer/FCG im thinking with a bit of setback when it dumps. Am i on the right lines?

ETA: oh, and i dont want anything that overlaps too much with the scope, so mid flex all mountain decks are probably out. And hows the Jam. I always wanted a bataleon and was looking at the jam earlier on this season. How is it in powder?

Last edited by ippy; 03-11-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: additional stuff
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote