Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking For A Solid Pipe and Powder Deck
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reede

Sierra are shipping Burton stuff internationally now?! WOOHOO! The days of Australian price gouges are officially over!

I am happy with my Custom/Malolo quiver right now but jeez im tempted to buy a Custom X at that price...... Or maybe even a T6....

Back to the topic of discussion, for your purposes a Supermodel X might be worth looking at, it will be better in powder than the Custom X but has less symmetry so isnt quite as good for the pipe aspect, all depends on what you place the most value in. For hitting natural walls and gullies like you describe the supermodel will be completely fine, but if you actually want to ride a proper halfpipe then the Custom X is better.

I was also in Niseko in feb and after going last year with my custom and sinking like a rock, I came back this year with a new Malolo for the powder days (ie: every day) and let me tell you that board is the best money I have ever spent. I expected it to help a little bit, but the difference it made exceeded my expectations massively.

Last edited by Reede; 03-11-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote