Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

COD: Modern Warfare 2

20K views 156 replies 44 participants last post by  Slinky 
#1 ·
#124 ·
You can't shoot their feet if they are crouched but your right. If they are up and running that is the way to go.

Does the symtex kill them if stuck to the shield? I would think it should protect them but I've never tried it.

#127 · (Edited)
Love this game.

Just curious what is everyone's favorite setup?

I like my AUG with grip. Secondary is dual rafficas. I have sleight of hand, stopping power and ninja. Seems to work for pretty much every situation. I have other classes, but that's my personal best.

#129 ·
m16 w/FMJ and red dot
the shotgun with red dot that is after the rangers
claymore/stun grenades
bling pro
commando pro
lightweight pro

uzi w/FMJ
the shotgun with red dot that is after the rangers
claymore/stun grenades
slight of hand pro
commando pro
lightweight pro

thats my 2 fave setups. i get mass kills with the uzi on maps like highrise, skidrow, and any other maps where you can get decnetly close to people.

#130 ·
I have been using the ACR pretty much all the time with either the acog or red dot.

secondary weapon doesn't really matter as hardly use it but most of them are set to the P2000.

Claymore and stun

Perks have been changing since I'm trying to finish up some of them and get the bonuses.

#131 ·
I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I was an avid CoD:MW player for 2 years until MW2 came out and as much as I enjoy MW2, I also hate it at times. So many things make me raise the BS flag which I'm sure all of you do as well will this edition. Overall I'm happy with it.

Tar-21 is where it's at though! I thoroughly enjoyed the F2000 before I prestiged as well, recoil is pretty bad but it's a great gun once you are able to control it.

#134 ·
I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I was an avid CoD:MW player for 2 years until MW2 came out and as much as I enjoy MW2, I also hate it at times. So many things make me raise the BS flag which I'm sure all of you do as well will this edition. Overall I'm happy with it.

QUOTE]

last night i stuck a shotgun a foot away from someone that didnt see me and shot him at point blank range then he turned around and killed me. in the same game i stuck my m16 barrell into the chect of someone and fired a 3 round burst into their chest, didnt kill him but i was killed by the guy behind him somehow. something similiar happend several more times last night. i got robbed of a lot of kills. i have never been so pissed at this game.

#135 ·
Yep. I understand lag often plays a part in things like that, but it happens far too often for it to be lag all the time. Infinity Ward definitely made it more "newb" friendly in my opinion. I consider myself an above average player and often dominate in games, but still doesn't stop me from screaming "Oh come on, that was total BS. Give me a break" often.

#137 ·
M-16A1 (ACOG, FMJ) All Challenges are completed except for 1000(~850)Kills and 250(159)Headshots.
.40 Magnum(or Javelin)
Claymore + Stun Grenades

Bling Pro
Cold Blooded
Steady Aim Pro

I've gone ~25-8 with this setup quite a few times not to mention in the last match I played, I had 12 headshots.

#138 ·
One thing I DON'T like about this game is the way it handles latency. If your connection is worse, you lose almost every close fight.

I've had fights where I was one on one with someone. On my screen, I put a whole clip in them and they don't die. They just walk up and knife me. Then, I see the kill cam and I never even get a shot off.

I have to play with my Xbox connected to my laptop through a bridge which is then wirelessly connected to my router. Because of that, I have good latency, but not great. So I lose a lot of fights that I don't think I should. The game should balance it out more. It's not like games don't have the ability to do that nowadays.

Good connection = more kills. :rolleyes:

#143 ·
I find if you are a knifer like I am on short/medium maps where I run around using:

Marathon pro
Lightweight pro
Commando pro

M9/tactical knife

I rarely lose against anyone unless, I have a 3/4 bar latency. Using a knife requires a quick reflex to beat the other guy and with 4 bar I have to say I've never loss with that setup but with 3 bar it's near impossible and frustrating. When it's 3 bar I have to always use a gun since that 1 bar can make a huge difference. With the gun on a 3 bar latency the lag isn't as noticeable and gets the job done for me. I can't imagine what it would be like with 2/4 bars for latency. I've never played with that low of a connection.

I'm an old school COD player from the time the 1st one came out so I actually prefer COD1 & 2 style, meaning no kill cam. It makes revenge too newb friendly and ruins it for people that snipe. Sniping is not camping. Even for campers while it sucks to be killed by one, we have to admit at times we do it ourselves. Realistic? No. Part of the game? Yes. So IMO it's a love/hate relationship with it. I prefer it off hence why I like hardcore at times, but sometimes I prefer it on.

#145 ·
I'll watch the kill cam if I have a claymore planted when I die. Sometimes I get a kill out of it, hehe.

Hey, Vlaze, do you ever use the care package glitch? I do occasionally when I'm knifing, but it makes me feel dirty.

#148 ·
Wow, sorry for the late response, I don't drop in here near as often as I used to anymore.

I heard about that glitch but never looked into it..but I did use the javelin glitch a few times because some on the opposing team were as well. I have to say, it was good for quite a few laughs before I stopped doing it. I didn't want to get my butt banned, but I enjoyed the evil laughs.

Funny how all this time I got you on the friends list and never played a single game with ya! I got rid of L4D2, I played it maybe 2-3 times tops. For some reason was lacking something that the original had which I still got. It just collected dust for the past 3 months.

If you get on BFBC2 let me know since I traded in MW2 already.

G
#147 ·
I've played this game a lot, and love it!

I was reading at the start of the thread about the NV goggles, they aren't *awesome* but do the trick to mess around with. Pic of them after I unpacked them at work :D

Pretty funny for watching my cat when it's pitch black trying to hunt lol

#156 ·
Should I prestige again? Did it once, and it sucked at first, but was fine once I got the basic weapons/attachments/perks again. Wish there was more of a bonus for doing it, besides just an extra custom slot.
I'm not totally sure if it is true, but i think that the higher your prestige the more you are matched with other higher prestiges, i gues that could be a perk or a downside lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.