Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Taking a year to board...OPINIONS???
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
canuck_boarder

Default Taking a year to board...OPINIONS???

Hey, I was wondering what if any of you boarding bums had any experience or opinion of taking a year after high school (before University-kinda like a Gap year) to just board?

This idea was rattling around in my head for a while now and I just read an article about living in a resort to board.

If I follow through with my plan, I will definitely stay in the Canadian Rockies for various reasons- so Alberta/B.C.

Also, (if any of you guys have first hand experience) what are the benefits of working at a resort as a liftie, ski patrol, or a cashier to have your pass and housing paid for (is staff housing good or bad?) vs. saving up a pretty penny to rent a house, buy my own ticket, and have the freedom to ride whenever i want?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to get this get this sorted out so i have my options open. This is a one year deal and will serve as a breather from school before I head into Pharm. School.