Yeah I did that when I was younger, it was fun. Some tips:
- Get out there early, the best staff accom places are full up by late October.
- Rent a house with several people if you don't mind paying more, it's worth it to not have the Party Nazi's shut you down. When you live in staff accom you have to follow their rules, which usually requires no noise after a time. NEVER SIGN A LEASE, in fact DON'T EVER SIGN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE LIABILITY WAIVER ON YOUR PASS.
- Lifty is the shittiest job on the resort. Look into cooking if you have skill, or Housekeeping (its cushy and people leave their equipment behind all the time for you to take) The most respected jobs on the hill are Mechanic and Guest Relations.
- Ramen Noodles, Ramen Noodles, Ramen Noodles!
- Don't forget to wrap Jimmy. Especially if hooking up with an Aussie or a Quebecer. HSV is a shitty reminder of your season at the resort
The best resorts in BC to stay at for the snow are Fernie, Kicking Horse, and Revelstoke. Staff Accom in Revelstoke doesn't exist, it's hard to get in Fernie and easy to get at KickingHorse(but they're Nazi's) The easiest place to get staff accom is Panorama, it's also the easiest to live there; but the snow sucks balls.
Last edited by bakesale; 03-16-2010 at 07:20 PM.