Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Lets Take A Bite Out Of GRIME!

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  MnBoarder763 
#1 ·
Had the worst day ever at a local resort. The snow was all slush and the bottom of my board looks literally destroyed with dirt and grime, sludge, poop, pee, crack coccaine, etc, you name it I got it.

I took the later half of the day at home to clean it with Swix base cleaner, and although most of it came off, you can tell theres a still alot left (My board bottom is white) ... I tried scrubbing again and even got out the toothbrush on some areas of the tail... but no luck..

I just waxed over the top of it with CH10 and its business as usual.

Do you guys know if its still good to ride or should I try to get all the dirt/grime off? If so, what other methods can I use?

I ride a 149 GNU BTX Street Series.

Thanks in advance.

#8 ·
There is dirt and stuff embedded in the base of the board... but you'll never clean it all... you'd have to heat it up and then try cleaning it out with scouring pads and other abrasive cleaners... even then I have my doubts as to whether the base would ever be the same.

The problem is that you rode over that stuff... meaning that it was jammed into the base of the board.

#10 ·
Hot wax scraping is the best way to get dirt out. You basicly have to get heat in to melt all the wax and have enough new wax to delute the dirty wax and bring the dirt up. I bought my board from Cali on ebay and it was horribly dirty when I got it. The first round of hot scraping came out black.

#11 ·
I just waxed over the top of it with CH10 and its business as usual.

CH10???:eek:

Whats the temp range on that? like 60-40 degrees??:laugh:

Even in the spring time, i use 30-20 degree wax. It'll slow you down, but its more durable, even with all that dirt and crap

Edit: unless your using CH10 as the over layer

#12 ·
Ch10 had a range if 32-50 degrees F. Going to Copper and ABasin in 3 weeks.. The tune/wax guy said CH10 should be good for the spring CO snow.. I also have dakine nitrous all temp wax... Ya think I should use that instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

#13 ·
a graphite wax works well for keeping extra crap off your base. its all about keeping the extra shit from bonding to what you are riding... once embedded not much i can help woth though.

i say clean it as best you can, then use graphite wax... you get some shit, but not much you can do there... the graphite helps to prevent added shitty crap getting built up on you base...

thats my technical term.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.