Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can you help me figure a board for my girlfriend?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
mAd mOrdigan

Default Can you help me figure a board for my girlfriend?

So she's 5'1, about 102 lbs and wears a sz 8 boot. Her current board is a 141 or 142 morrow traverse which she says is super stiff. As far as skill level she's able to link skidded turns. She does "go over" small 3-4 foot jumps and ride on boxes basically just to get a taste. Im thinking about buying her a new board because she's been boarding about 3 seasons or so, she knows how to board but she doesn't push herself or go fast at all. I'd like to get her an all mountain board that she can use to progress and be comfortable with, like a medium stiffness board.

Now i was looking at the burton feather and the feelgood but just not sure which out of the two would suit her better. Should i just get her the burton feather and hope she progresses more with a beginner board or go with the feelgood which seems to be a more beginner/intermediate board? Other boards i THINK might be ok are the rome vinyl or flow elation. Any other board recommendations would be great. Also, what size would be good for her?
mAd mOrdigan is offline   Reply With Quote