Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - just received Burton SLX Boots!!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
weipim

Default just received Burton SLX Boots!!

I agree that I must be out of my mind to pay a pair of boots for close to 300 bucks, although they were originally more than $500

any way, will take them up tomorrow along with my sierrascope and ride delta, let u guys know asap.
---------------------------------------------------------------
First Impressions:

Well, the main reason for me to buy these boots, is because I tried burton ION in my local shop and really liked them, however they only had half size bigger so I went online and try to spot something. I didn't hesitated too long when I see these boots on sierra, it's almost 300 bucks but what ever. So I received them yesterday and tried them on and walked in my place, to be honest it holds my feet pretty well. I have a narrowed heel so it does has small rooms on my heel, but after putting those yellow bars everything is fine. the toebox is a bit plus for me, it is just big enough to contain my toes, compared to k2 t1 ,which is another amazing pair of boots, the latter one is way too large for me. And also, for people who has a high arc, I think you guys will be just fine into those slx because I have a medium-high arc and they didn't let me feel uncomfortable.
That's almost all about fitting, now let's talk about the laces. it uses 2 burton famous speed zone lacing system, along with that yellow lock for liners, I am a traditional lace guy and always had a phobia with those easy going lacing system, I haven't taken them on the mountain so I couldn't tell how good they held up, but it is really easy to tight/release them once u know how to do it. While walking these boots feel pretty tight to my body, i guess that's a good thing. And the flex on a burton scale is like medium I guess.

Overall they are comfy and impressive, but I couldn't picture myself to pay the 500 msrp full price for it, even for the price I paid I still think there is a lack of satisfaction somewhere. I guess I have to take them up to the mountain to see how they really perform. And the construction feels less elegant than the ION i tried. both pairs are 2010 models.

Again, i'll take them tomorrow to the mountain and let's see how things goes.

Last edited by weipim; 03-19-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: update review 1