Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rossignol One Mag 159
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
SpeechRider

Default Rossignol One Mag 159

I bought one of these (a 159) back in January (mainly for the magne-traction) and have ridden it once, at Camelback in PA. It was a day of firm snow with some chop and a little ice here and there. No fresh powder to speak of.

What a ride. Very fast and very stable. I was passing tons of skiers and taking very steep runs (double-blacks) at high speed. Several times I hit little berms or icy patches and was sure I would be tossed on my a$$--but I wasn't. The board is fairly stiff but lively feeling.

I don't know if it was the MTX or something else that did the trick. Truth is, I couldn't detect any obvious difference in how the board felt with the MTX--but that doesn't mean it wasn't the thing holding me upright. Maybe twice I felt a bit of hookiness, but it wasn't a problem for me.

Anyway, I couldn't be more happy with this board.

Let me admit that the base graphic is hideous. It's this blue/white alternating chevron-stripe mess. But I really don't care. (And the topsheet is much more subtle.)

Some people may think that a board made by a "ski company" is uncool. Whatever. Don't buy one, then. Fact is, all the "ski companies" (Dynastar, Head, Salomon, Vo:lkl, et al.) also make snowboards; they just don't generally appeal to the jibber set. I had thought about a Lib Tech (T. Rice or Dark Series), but this board was about $150-$200 less than a comparable Lib. (I bought it for $320 at Evogear.)

Hope this is helpful.
SpeechRider is offline   Reply With Quote