Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New DH2 edge problem?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CoopersTroopers 
G
#1 ·
Just received my new dh2.2 and noticed that the edge on the tip of the tail/nose is split. I know this won't cause any riding problems because of the location but will this affect the durability of the edge in the long run?

Also, do you guys think it's a manufacturing defect or something caused by the shop? My old Salomon prospect also had the edge split on the nose when it was new but I didn't think much of it because I got it off ebay, whereas I bought the dh2 from an authorized dealer.

I'm probably worrying too much about this though.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Ahh I see, I wasn't aware that the gap was normal. I saw it on my salmon prospect but didn't recall seeing it on my atomic alibi or option redline.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

#6 ·
Yep, all are correct. Snowboards will all have 1 or 2 gaps in the edge depending on how the manufacturer chose to make their edge. Some use two pieces (and thus you would have a split at the nose and tail, while others wrap one piece all the way around and join at the tail. Shouldn't affect performance at all as those spots and generally off the snow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.