Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - just received Burton SLX Boots!!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
imsoprfct

Got the same boots, love them, but I am in agreeance and would not pay full price, got last years model when they popped up on Brociety. I had the DC Status before and those were a struggle to get out of, these are so much easier to get in and out of and are much softer. My only complaint is that the fast lace handles sometimes get loose from their holders, other than that, they are really comfortable.

They are prewired to work with the Therm-IC heat packs that were available from Burton, I picked them up from Sierra Snowboard for $40 on clearance, why not since I never had heated boots before and seems like a good idea on cold days. The heat packs come with the cords that plug into the connector and clip onto the front of the boot on the tongue. They have 3 settings and are rechargeable which is nice, but they only heat up the toe box, they do not heat the entire lining, but do as advertise and keep the front part of the boot nice and warm for a couple of hours, definitely notice the difference it on the ride up esp when it's cold, every little bit helps when it's cold out.

15 days of riding and they are still going strong, would definitely get another pair but not at full price.
imsoprfct is offline   Reply With Quote