Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - better board for beginners?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
simplysnow

Arrow better board for beginners?

I'm currently riding a Burton Feather 149 with Ride DVa bindings, but it's a hand-me-down and in HORRIBLE condition, so I'm desperately seeking a new beginner-to-intermediate board. This is my first real season boarding [I took lessons last season], so I'm still a beginner but I'm looking for a board that I can stick with for a while and will help me progress as quickly as possible.

Some boards I was looking at were Burton Feelgood 152, K2 Mix 151, and Ride Solace 150. I'm not really interested in doing tricks or conquering the terrain park yet, but I do want the board to be light [the Feather feels really heavy when I'm carving] and flexible but has enough stiffness so I don't feel like I'm losing control, is great on ice, and easily glides on powder. I was leaning more toward the Burton Feelgood but read on a bunch of board review sites about complaints of them breaking really easily.

My height is 5'5-5'6, weight is 115-125 lbs, and ride regular. I have K2 Haven boots in size 8, and will probably get Burton Escapade bindings for the new board.

SO WHICH BOARD IS THE BETTER ONE FOR BEGINNERS LIKE ME?