Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Christian cop killers?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
bryantp

Default "Christian" group attempts to murder cop

Well, if there's any comfort, they're not too bright. Just thinking that if I was going to overthrow the government, I wouldn't put it on and web page. Amazing.

Sometimes the best thing we can do is confront the less freaky ones with determination and good humor. I went diving this weekend and one of the crew started into his anti-Obama thing. I just walked up to him, put my arm around him, smiled really big and said for everyone to hear "If you walk into my office, you'll find a framed invitation to the inauguration. I didn't just vote for him; I gave him a lot of money."

The crew member got the message and we both smiled. Some of the other divers thanked me.

It's a small thing but I've been doing that more and more.

Don't back down.

The quotes I used from the Beatitudes are, by far, the most powerful things in the Bible.

Or, maybe these from Dueteronomy, 20:18 - 21:

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and [that], when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; [he is] a glutton, and a drunkard.

And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

H'mmm...