Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Custom K2 Equivalent?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
hoss

Default Burton Custom K2 Equivalent?

Looking for some guidance as to what board to buy for my first snowboard. Here's some background info...

Weight: 180
Boot size: 10
Riding style: Freeride
Budget: $200 - $350 (looking for a sale this time of year)
Primary Location: East Coast

I just got into snowboarding this year but I'm hooked. Catching on pretty quick I think. Riding greens and blues still but I want a board that I will be able to progress well with. Most of my riding will be out on the East Coast because I live out here, but if the board can handle powder out west that's a bonus. Don't plan to do many tricks...more interested in just riding all-mountain.

A good friend and avid snowboarder strongly recommended getting a Burton Custom. Although I know it is solid advice I want to stick with K2 (will take suggestions of all board manufacturers however). I found some really good deals lately and picked up some K2 boots/binding. I have K2 Darko BOA boots and K2 Auto Uprise bindings.

I basically want all the board I can handle right now so I have plenty of room for improvement. I like to have good gear. I've been looking into the K2 Podium as a good choice. I also found a good deal on the Turbo Dream, but I'm not sure the All Terrain Rocker camber is the right choice for me at this point.

I've done a lot of research reading reviews but I'm hoping for some specific advice. Thanks in advance for any help.