Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Guitar?
Thread: Guitar?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
SPAZ
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
The acoustic I have is a Jasmine by Takamine. I think the neck is too wide, so learning A and then going to G is a bit hard. Dude, I swear.. it's like my fingers are not long enough to cover all the strings or.. chords

Spontaneous buy, haha. The guy who sold me the guitar was this old dude who plays bass in a local band. He was very helpful about it, he said any time someone is eager to learn how to play the guitar, he's more than happy and willing to help them out. It was nice meeting someone who wanted to promote or share their hobby.

Oh BTW, do you have any tips on maintaining the acoustic? Specifically, do you really *need* to keep it in a humidified room? I'm wondering if it's okay to just store it in my room, nothing fancy with regards to room climate compared to what I've seen in some guitar stores.
just keep it in a case (hard is better), above ground and away from vents. if you like go on a plane and come off or go on a long drive, wait 5-7 hours before taking it out of the case so the pressure changes slower and there are no cracks in the top. in the winter it is good to have a humidifier in the case too
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote