Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another Company Fails at going Green
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Catman

Thumbs down Another Company Fails at going Green

PPG paints has done away with their metal cans because of the cost of the metal lids. Which by the way seal over and over again.

Now what they have done is gone to plastic cans and lids that DO NOT RESEAL after adding tint. So to solve this problem they send a second lid with every can.Yes thats right two lids for every can of paint sold. THATS REAL GREEN ( soo stupid ) What is worse than the two lids is the second one has no product code or batch number so the paint CAN NOT BE TRACKED FOR A RECALL.

Their new label says Gone green or something like that.

You tell me how a metal can that is 100% recyclable and seals with one lid with a better quality of paint is somehow worse for the environment than a plasic can and two plastic lids that have no recycle number?

I called the company to voice my concerns about the cans and quality of the paint and they told me that if I was having problems that maybe I should not buy their paint

This has been going on for one year. They have already done a full redesign on tha lids once for leaking.

Hey PPG I don't want free cans of bad paint to replace the bad paint that I just bought.

Last edited by Catman; 03-30-2010 at 11:36 PM.