Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Custom K2 Equivalent?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
CoopersTroopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss View Post
Hey Leo...thanks for the advice. Good to hear that I was pretty much on the right track!

Anyone else have an opinion for me? Thanks!
I'll second the Turbo Dream. Having ridden the milder K2 catch-free rocker and the similar Ride LowRize rocker, the design is very stable and a easier transition into reverse camber than some of the more aggressive reverse camber designs out there. I also do like K2 and Ride quality. Very good product in my limited experience (owned their stuff for a season, still looks and rides great).

The Burton Custom is a solid board for most anything and has been for years, so it's an easy thing to recommend to an advancing rider before they move onto something more specific to what they want to ride (if they do want something more specific). If you're looking at a Custom and want it on the cheap, check out Sierra Snowboard's special collaboration decks. This year's Sierra Crew, Crew LTD, and Reverse Crew are all made at the Burton factory with very similar specs and construction to the Custom and Custom V-Rocker (Reverse Crew). The Crew LTD is $99 right now ($99!!!), the Crew is $149 (identical to the LTD, but with different graphics), and the Reverse Crew is $199 US. For the price of many boards, you can get the Crew LTD and good bindings. Food for thought! I just picked up the Crew LTD and found some rare Union P.O.W. Data bindings (from a different store) for what I was looking to spend on just a board.

I'm also hovering around the 180 lbs mark and ride 155-157. Was looking at getting a true freeride board for those long trips to a big mountain with real powder, and it would probably be in the 158-160 range. I'll probably just use one of my boards and set back slightly.
2010 Burton Ruler

Last edited by CoopersTroopers; 03-31-2010 at 07:06 AM.
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote