Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Size Query
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Richo411

Default Never Summer Size Query

A bit of background on me, only been snowboarding for 2 years, based in OZ do weekend trips, go to NZ for 2 weeks every year, 3rd trip this June. Have been hiring for the past 2 years, mainly on the Burton cruzer ( rental shop stable )have been riding a 158 from memory. Anyway after a lot of research decided to get a NS SLR. I'm 6 foot and weigh 85kg which is around 187 pounds and have size 9.5 boots. To cut a long story into a slightly less than long story, I have been trying to source an NS board for about a month and have found a 158 from evogear that they will send to Australia, about to order when i looked at the NS sizing charts on the evo website. According to the chart I'm too fat for the 158 and 161.
According to the chart a 158 handles between 120 -165 pounds and a 7-9 boot. the 161 is 125-170 and 9.5 -11 boot.
Is anyone a similar weight / height and what size boards do you ride. Very keen on the NS SLR but want to make sure I'm getting the right size.
Sorry for the novel and thanks in advance for any help.
Richo411 is offline   Reply With Quote