Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A-Basin on 4/2/2010
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

Dude it's very likely that your helmet helped to save your noggin. It probably didn't do much to reduce the concussion or whiplash, but I bet it kept your skull from splitting open on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBomber53045 View Post
o i know, been there done that. I got an ALS transport to the local trauma center, dunno the name. My head checked out OK and I got released later that day. Half the reason I wanna know what happened is it was the first time I ever got knocked clean out like that and it was my first seizure. I'm sure the impact was massive because I have a head like a rock. I'll be lucky if I ever remember what happened though unfortunately.

The ski patroller, a cool guy named Leif if I remember correctly, said he got to me post ichtal for a bit and once I came around everyone was surprised how quick I got my wits about me. Nothing broke and there was no internal bleeding or anything severe, just a wicked concussion and very bad whiplash. The helmet got split from the impact, but thank god I was wearing one as I used to never even consider them. This is concussion number 4 for me, I just wish I could remember it.