Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "guess you shouldn't bring your kids"
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
tomtom88
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think all the outrage over this is bullshit. In the video, it was not obvious that they were civilians. There is no way one could tell whether or not those were RPG's or AK's. It's a fucking war. With that video quality there is no way you can tell me that those didn't look like guns or rocket launchers. Shit happens, good and bad, it just so turns out that this was a particularly bad incident. How are you supposed to tell the difference between an insurgent or a civilian from a pov such as their's? If I were in there position I would have done the same, if it they looked like insurgents, then hell, I'd fire too.

When that van showed up and started helping the wounded and gathering the dead, why wouldn't they fire on them? If they had been insurgents that were initially fired on, I sure as hell would assume the people in the van were insurgents as well. Based on the footage from the video it is in no way clear that those were children in the van. And don't even begin to tell me that you clearly saw children because that is straight bullshit. Yes, it's unfortunate children and innocent civilians were injured and killed.

But when it comes to life and death situations, you better believe their ass will be grass and not our troops'. IMHO our soldiers' actions in this situation were not unfounded. Sure some of their comments were snide and classless, but remember, they thought they had engaged the enemy. Why should they hold their tongues' about assholes that are out to get them? Again, it is really unfortunate that innocent children and adults lost life and limb.