Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Milo303 goes splitboarding at Bert!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Default Milo303 goes splitboarding at Bert!

It's been dumping in Colorado like most other places in the West. Jena and Milo we're able to get out and the only question was where? Vail or Berthoud Passes were on the list. Vail resort just west of Vail Pass was recording over 30" in 48 hours. 19" in the last 24. Last time I tried Vail Pass in those conditions it was a suffer fest. Bert had gotten over a foot, so we opted for less snow, but still primo conditions. The winter storm warning was set to expire at 9am and the skies were supposed to clear around noon. It snowed all day long, go figure. Not the best day for photos but we had to make due.

Our first destination was the North Chutes of Russel. Every time I have gone up there this season it's been windy as hell. This day, the winds were light at most, though it was snowing. Milo and Jena suffering up the final boot pack to the Summit.

The sun peaked through and lit up No Name. We skipped that run this day, but I am sure it would have been amazing.

After hopping into the North Chute of Russel and digging around, I felt pretty confident it was stable even with the recent 20" or so the pass had gotten. Milo found it to be balls deep.

Way balls deep.

Jena found it nice too.

Cont...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote