Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - That lazy middle class
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
JWages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
It's legal here in CO.... I personally feel we're a test ground to see how much money it brings in and the results of making it legal.

Whether we want to admit it or not, to many it's a gateway drug. If weed is legal and no big deal, then "bad" things like coke won't seem like such a big deal. I understand the psychological game the government is playing with drugs to keep people off of them, but I don't agree with it all.

That's really a tough one imo..... But I can saying when something is illegal, Americans have a tendency to want to do it more then people from other countries. So maybe this psychological game is proving a bad idea because our drug use in the U.S. is so high.

Its recreationally legal? or medicinally? I know some states are putting it on the ballot for next november.

Prohibition has never worked. Ever. Look at alcohol. People sold it illegally just like people do with marijuana and other drugs.

As for the gateway theory, only people who are uneducated about marijuana believe it.