Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Milo303 goes splitboarding at Bert!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Probably two hours was longest stretch we had to hike that day. Hard to say, as Milo said, we had to bust trail most of the day which really slows you down. That is hard work. I was up on the pass yesterday and our skin track was still there. Evidently lots of people took advantage of our hard work. I'll say that we made the same point in under half the time. So much easier.

To get to the top of Russell, it's generally just over an hour, maybe 90 minutes. No Name is around two hours to get there. For Cornerpocket, I've been able to to get there in around 45 minutes from Peter Rabbit hut. We were really moving though. Generally speaking it's around an hour to 90 minutes. For the final drop, on that tour, it's pretty easy. Maybe 45 minutes because you have to cover some distance, but most of it is flat traversing to slight down hill. To get on the ridge I am not even sure if you climb 300 vertical. So it's relatively easy with some of the best pay off anywhere on the pass.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote