Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mammoth Mountain Photo TR's
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
buggravy

Nice. We had to launch out of main because we had to drop our daughter off at daycare, so I actually ended up on 2 most of Monday morning. Doesn't sound too inspiring, but I think Mambo/Patrolman's tend to be really nice when it's super windy like that. My first 2 runs there were the best snow I've ever been on. It was a total white-out at the top of the lift though(they apparently recorded 70mph gusts). My wife took a hard fall in the wind up there, so we called it a day fairly early. I went back out in the afternoon from Canyon, and started heading over toward 9, but ended up not making it all the way over. Tuesday was incredible. The snow had predictably settled a bit back there, so it was a little heavy. It got tracked pretty fast too, but there's just so much back there it was easy to fine clean lines until almost 11:00.

I was on the Premier, and gladly so. I'd had it in SoCal's version of powder before (6" here, 10" there), but nothing like what went down on Tuesday. It totally killed, especially when things started to get tracked, and you had to point and shoot from up high to make it over some of the flatter sections.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote