Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Choice
Thread: Board Choice
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dayten

Default Board Choice

I am looking for a recommendation on what board that would be okay for my skill level.

I am 5'4", 175lbs, size 7 boot, goofy stance. I went boarding for the first time at Sierra Lake Tahoe, CA and I was able to learn plowing heels and toes, do my J turns heel and toes and ride switch. These runs where mostly on green runs, but I was able to do a single blue run by the end of the day, but I was not as comfortable on that. I learned on my buddy's wife board, a Forum Star 146 camber board. I have been reading on the forums, and in several magazines that a beginner will benefit from a reverse camber board and will have an easier time learning and growing on it. From what my buddies were saying, I should get a high end board with reverse camber and Magne Traction, they all ride GNU Park Pickle and Riders Choice. I don't have deep pockets like they do, so I am limited to a $200-$300 board, but I am willing to pay a little more if I have to. For my size the websites that I looked at say that I should be on a 154 board, but I was thinking maybe 150 or 152. I know that the options are unlimited, but I am just wanting to get opinions.

The following boards are some of the ones that I am contemplating on getting they are pretty much all over the board from reverse camber, standard camber, lowrise to freestyle and all mountain boards. So overwhelmed..

Forum - Destroyer, Destroyer Chillydog, Youngblood, Youngblood Chillydog, Image.

Flow - Era

Ride - Machete, DH2

Rossignol - Scope, Decoy

Salomon - Salvatore Sanchez, Sanchez, Drift, Ace

K2 - Brigade, WWW Rocker, Darkstar, Turbo Dream

Thanks for the help.
Dayten is offline   Reply With Quote