Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Choice
Thread: Board Choice
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayten View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I am going for the K2 Turbo Dream 156cm. I did take a look at a 156cm size board at my local shop and it measured up to my forehead ( almost as tall as me..), way passed the nose and chin guide lines. After looking at K2's website the 156cm is rated for my weight. Thanks again.
That's a good choice. Height plays a minimal role in your board sizing. As long as the board accommodates your stance, you are fine. Unless you are exceptionally tall or short for your weight, height won't matter much.

You have to remember, not everyone's nose, neck, chin, etc... are in the same position even when you are comparing two people of the same height. This is why that board measurement stuff based on where it reaches on your head falls apart.

You could comfortably go down to a 154 if you wanted. But I will tell you this much, for all-mountain purposes, the 156 is better. Especially since that is the smallest size they carry anyway. It's a killer deal too. Shocking considering that it's from REI