Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Choice
Thread: Board Choice
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
collaboration

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Softer boards will be great to learn on and will be great in parks. However, they won't be so great if you become a freeriding addict.

I'm a freerider myself so my choices for you will be geared towards all-mountain

Ride: Machete <-- Even though this is one of the softer Rides, it is medium flex in general. This board is freestyle oriented, but is also a great all-mountain stick. I loved it.

K2: Turbo Dream is hands down the best out of your list. I would be torn between this board an a SlayBlade.

Another board to consider is the Burton Custom V-Rocker. Great all-around board.

One thing to consider when looking into rocker tech is the profile. Lower profile rockers are the best choice for beginners. They are forgiving while maintaining stability. The boards above have a low profile rocker except for the Slayblade which has no camber at all. All great boards.

If you are unsure of whether or not you will hit the park, the Ride Machete and Burton Custom is your best bet. If you have 0 desire for park, go with the Turbo Dream or SlayBlade. Not that these boards are horrible in the park by any means.

FYI: Even if you are sure about something now, it is highly likely that it will change as you progress. Don't sweat it. Everyone needs a couple of boards in their quiver.

i was also thinking of K2 Turbo Dream, actually between Ride Antic and that..

i know i will definitely hit the park.. once i'm good enough to freeride

in that case, you would rather recommend Ride Machete over K2 Turbo Dream? i'm likely to spend more time freeriding this season but i don't want to be changing board every season if i don't have to

sorry for the hijack by the way
collaboration is offline   Reply With Quote