Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Death at Mt. Hood Meadows
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

i was up there again for this one too... we were lapping Forest Park and decided to check out the main Herm park, and by the time we made it down towards the step-up section ski patrol was shutting everything down.

we could tell by the number of sleds and the tone of the patroller's voice when he told us to detour around the rest of the park that something really serious was going down. by the time we made it back up to the top of the lift the whole park entrance was gated and there were 5 or 6 park crew standing at the gate to make sure no one could go thru. we pretty much assumed the worst and the bad vibe had set in on that side of the mt. for sure, so we went back to the West side and shaped and hiked a kicker for the rest of the day.

really sad, and pretty shocking as this is the third shredder this season to fall - i thought we were done with this shit for this year at least.

add to that the facts that this happened so close to the end of the season, that it happened on pond-skimming day when the rest of the mountain was partying it up over at the main lodge - oblivious to the accident on the other side, and that the kid was just so damn young (19 y/o), that he was wearing a helmet.... it's just fucking sad man.

i don't really know what else to say...
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote