Originally Posted by yusoweird
when and where was this taken?
Berthoud Pass this past Saturday April 24th. The pass was closed for avalanche control until just after noon. We were on target to be there by 7:30am, but those plans got derailed. I knew it was going to be good from looking at the snotel data. So we waited it out in Empire and it was definitely worth it. 20" on more wind ward aspects, solar aspects were pretty cooked by the, the north facing stuff was 3 feet plus deep, especially below treeline. Just a ridiculous day.
Another storm headed this way for the weekend. Looks like it could be similar. I promise to go up and investigate.