Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board for '11
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
iturner82

Post New board for '11

Hey guys, this is my first post on any snowboarding forum ever, so I guess I'm a noob

I am however, not a noob to snowboarding

Ok, so I currently (this is the only setup I've rode besides rentals) ride a 07 or 08 K2 Illusion Wide 163, with Burton Cartels, and size 14 Burton Moto Boots. I really enjoy snowboarding, and this has been a great year for me. I've gone from not being able to hit a single jump, to hitting 50 footers. I am happy with my setup right now, but I am looking to upgrade. I have kinda looked around a bit, but I don't really know where to look. I utilize the whole mountain, I take advantage of powder, and I'll do jumps and jibbs. So I guess I'm looking for a All-Mountain Freestyle board. I look step up to rails and do more on boxes next year, but I also am gonna do jumps. So I'm looking for something with a lot of pop, that's lightweight and is gonna last me a couple seasons or more. (I've been looking at the K2 Parkstar)

Also, based on the above, what kind of bindings would fulfill those wishes?

Some other info, I wear a size 14 boot (so I'd need a wide), am 6'3" and 165 lbs.

Thanks guys/girls for any insight
iturner82 is offline   Reply With Quote