Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#1,365 ·
Hello All,

I recently took up snowboarding so I could board with my 10 year old Son. Previously I'd only tried it 1 day and went back to my skis. But in helping him in our first trip this year I realized it wasn't that tough to pick up. So our next trip out I rented a board and never looked back. Had some brutal falls but greatly improved over the trip. I'm hooked. Never thought I'd pick it up at 44. But with my Son improving like he did I can see us both getting boards of our own for next season.

#1,366 ·
only 8 months til snowboard season : /

hey all

i'm 21 years old and a student at University of Maryland College Park near Washington DC. Thought i would join these forums to keep myself occupied until i can ride again next winter. I've been snowboarding for a few years, been out west a couple times. If you want to do a meetup at Liberty, Whitetail, or Wisp I ride there fairly often

#1,367 ·
Hello

Hey guys, I've been stalking these threads for advice on this or that for quite some time now.. I figured it's time to join up!

I live in Golden, CO but spend quite abit of time in Rapid City, SD too. It's only my third season but I'm addicted ;D I usually ride Keystone/Abaisn and I go to a little hill called Terry Peak in the Black Hills if I end up in RC, SD.

I'm not to good yet, but I'm working on it! I can do all the runs on the mountain, but some jumps/park scare me still. wish I would have started when I was like 12.

#1,368 ·
I'm 17 years old and I live in Alberta. There's a small city about an hour away from my town with a small hill that I went on lots this season. I also have the rocky mountains 6 hours away! My family and I go annually to Marmot Basin.
I've been snowboarding for 3 years now and love it. I enjoy going on the park and I'm looking for some trick tips.

#1,371 ·
Hi, I'm Steen from Denver. I started out as a skier (freestyle) many moons ago, got busy with other things, and eventually lost interest. Discovered snowboarding at the end of the 2010 season and was immediately hooked. After one great full season under my belt, I'm just looking to continually get better and have fun.

#1,372 ·
Hey there everyone! Name is Shontelle, aka: Epz/Schmoz/Shamblez, 21. Being from Sydney, Australia winter sports were/are by no means the norm, hence my late-coming to the wonderful world of ice/snow, making 10/11 my first season (50 days thus far). Totally enthused to progress rapidly and get to the point where my board is merely an extension of myself insofar as to be truly comfortable, where NOTHING phases me, and I get my 'stoke' on repeatedly! I haven't been active on this forum, but will attempt to learn from those more knowledgeable and contribute where appropriate! Peace.

#1,374 ·
Hey all, I'm Marc (aka sparky), 27 from London, England. I've been riding for 1 year now and I only wish I discovered this amazing sport/lifestyle sooner - although seeing Snowolf is still charging at 45 i should have time. I kept returning to this forum during my research for board number 2 (could only be an evo) and enjoyed enthusing over the threads, so i thought i should sign up and show my appreciation. Plus i haven't seen many brits in the mix.
See you on the hill...

#1,376 ·
Hi, I'm Tom 42 years old, and i just started snowboarding this season(2010-2011).skiboarding/skiing for 6 years and decided to try snowboarding and glad i did.I have been reading post of other riders,watching snowolfs vid's and it helped me progress. Glad to be part of this community.:D

#1,377 ·
hey guys
just joined up to these forums. cool to have a place to bounce around with like minded souls:thumbsup:
i have been riding for 11 years and have managed to get 14 good seasons out so far. got to take my riding globaly with two trips to the US and a good excusion to Europe over the course of the last few years. as days on snow now seem to get less and less these days i still crave living back in the mountains and sliding each day.
to all you fells and felles's out there who have recently started sliding and love it.look after your carcus, upskill and a little instruction/training and this sport will continue to evolve and stoke you out. i still get the grins and wobbles from a days riding the same as i did back in 2000 at alpine meadow turoa mt ruapehu:eek:

#1,385 ·
Hi there everyone,
I'm relativley new to snowboarding, only started learning in January 2011 but had a week away in Bulgaria and fell in love with the sport! Trying to keep up my levels and keep improving by visiting my local indoor snow-dome at least once a month!
Slowly also starting to buy all my own equipment.
Fell out with some of my clothing from my first season so buying new clothing, just bought some boots, and looking to get a board and bindings once 2012 equipment is released.

Here's a quick picture of me from Bulgaria anyway:

#1,386 ·
Hey everyone, John from Maryland.
Board: Palmer Flash
Bindings: Union
Boots: Burton

Started snowboarding in December 2010 and I consider myself intermediate. Shout out to Snowolf for his great instructional videos!!

I ride mostly at Whitetail and Liberty in Pennsylvania since they closest to me although I have been to Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia.

I aim to upgrade my gear before the start of the upcoming season.

#1,387 ·
Hi,
My name is Dean I am from Australia and I absolutley love snowboarding I have been snowboarding for a couple of years been over to NZ and heading to canada next Jan. Once It hits winter season you will only find me up at the mountain!!! Below I have listed a few things about my riding gear!!!

My Mountain: Mt Buller Victoria
My Boards: Lib Tek Skate Banana, Ride DH 2.4
Boots: Burton ION 2011 & Ride Jackson
Bindings: On Lib Tek Force Union and on the Ride dh2.4, Ride Revolt