Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - knee injuries
Thread: knee injuries
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
fredericp64
Veteran Member

I blew my whole knee 1 year ago. ACL + MCL + Meniscus (partial tears only though - no surgery). I didn't feel comfortable doing hardcore things for a roughly a year.

I started running again about 7 months later (6-8 kilometers). I wore a walmart brace for that, swelled up just a tiny bit. Nothing too bad. Then I got a real brace made with my measures, bla bla. Wore it once and tossed it in the closet lol. Needless to say, they suck.

The first few times I snowboarded this season I felt it. The day after, my knee would feel like it would be full of air kinda, I would just feel that urge to *crack* it. Once I cracked it I'd be good. Weird..

If I don't go rough with my knee I'm fine. If I get heavy impacts snowboard/skateboard, I feel it the next day.

I don't really care, I'm assuming it'll just got away someday as these things take a long time to heal.

***** REMEMBER!! Physio is pointless is you don't do your exercises at home. The recovery phase is CRUCIAL, do everything the doc says, no matter how redundant/tedious/boring it may be.

The doc told me that lots of ppl tear their knee ligaments and still manage to win gold medals. Don't worry.

Get well soon mate!
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote