Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do we need more mods?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
VenomousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman View Post
You know i am a data guy. I like numbers they tell the story. When I was at UTC Carrier I was bigtime into data numbers. I was always on the phone with the head adm for the system trying to get data that normal reports didnt run. Reasoning is usually its the data systems dont normally automatically generate that really is the most important

With all these spammers that come on I was questioning myself as to how many we actually get as a number or percentage if you will. Of course my next thought was how many members out of that total are truly valid members? When I joined this forum I was member 1214 I believe. Now we are up to 17K+ three years later which is excellent growth btw. But what is the true growth.

My questions are...

1) Out of the 17K+ members registered on this site how many have come back in the last three months....who have been members for 1 or more years and have logged in ten or more times??

2) How many members registered on this site have not come back in the last three months and have been members for 1 or more years and have 9 or less log in's ??

3) How many members registered on this site have less than 5 log in's and have been members for 1 or more years??

Not that I expect a response mind you But this data could be translated into some pretty realistic numbers as to the validity of the spammers.

Of course I am certain Jimmy and killer and roger and all the other brains involved already possess the knowledge they need

But data makes me curious is all.
all VERY good arguments.... those are all real stats i look at on my forum and the others I have administrated over the years. Most people like see that "total member count" and seeing a huge number there.. personally I like see that "users online" being high.

09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote