Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - knee injuries
Thread: knee injuries
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
PGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredericp64 View Post
I blew my whole knee 1 year ago. ACL + MCL + Meniscus (partial tears only though - no surgery). I didn't feel comfortable doing hardcore things for a roughly a year.

I started running again about 7 months later (6-8 kilometers). I wore a walmart brace for that, swelled up just a tiny bit. Nothing too bad. Then I got a real brace made with my measures, bla bla. Wore it once and tossed it in the closet lol. Needless to say, they suck.

The first few times I snowboarded this season I felt it. The day after, my knee would feel like it would be full of air kinda, I would just feel that urge to *crack* it. Once I cracked it I'd be good. Weird..

If I don't go rough with my knee I'm fine. If I get heavy impacts snowboard/skateboard, I feel it the next day.

I don't really care, I'm assuming it'll just got away someday as these things take a long time to heal.

***** REMEMBER!! Physio is pointless is you don't do your exercises at home. The recovery phase is CRUCIAL, do everything the doc says, no matter how redundant/tedious/boring it may be.

The doc told me that lots of ppl tear their knee ligaments and still manage to win gold medals. Don't worry.

Get well soon mate!
thanks for the response. im glad to hear from some people who went through the same thing. i dont really mind dealing with the pain at all, i was just more concerned with injuring it again when riding. ill have to make sure i build up the muscles around it like brujito said. it sucked when ever i blew my knee out because i was going through some tree runs after one of the huge storms we got out here. no one was around at all and i had to attempt to unstrap in waist deep snow and climb out of the woods, haha. add to that i tried to ride back down switch since i didnt want to be that guy taken away by ski patrol.

Last edited by PGH; 05-13-2010 at 10:32 PM.
PGH is offline   Reply With Quote