Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why is there a fee for these boards?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 02:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
EverBorN

I'll give you my experince then. Me and my cuz (nikolai on the boards here) were searching for snowboarding forums for the chicagoland area but could not find any & we came accross these boards from google prolly. We clicked on it and went to register and the 1st thing that popped up was the payment option, the 1st thing that went through ours heads was screw that before we even read further. Since I couldnt find many more snowboarding forums I thought hey what the hell maybe they have a free option? They did.. My cuz still said screw that, i'm like we'll lets give it a try anyways. Being that payment info came up period turns people away ASAP before they even read further AND even when they do read further people assume the boards won't have many people on it for that reason. Why even have payment info come up for options people dont care about? It's just scaring people away (Almost did me) I just so happen to read further & even after that try it out. They should have like a donation thread or a donation tab to click on the site somewhere instead of a payment info right when you register for options that make no sense to pay for.
EverBorN is offline   Reply With Quote