Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Forum Grudge vs Lib Tech Skate Banana

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rolling_stoned 
G
#1 ·
Hi guys, someone help me out please:

Looking at the Lib Tech Skate Banana and the Forum Grudge snowboards:

I like the fact that the Skate Banana has magnetraction, and hear great things about stopping easily on ice (I'm on the eastern NY icy snow). I also hear great things about Forum's Grudge for insane speed.

I am not experienced in the park (I can jump a 10-foot I guess.. but I only started jumps at the end of the season).. However, I can easily tackle double-blacks for breakfast, and go full speed over moguls without falling on a snowboard. I pride myself on speed, but would like to learn to jump. Speed is my drug, and that's my priority.

I'm male, 180 (but plan to lose 10 pounds this summer), 5'11, and have size 12 1/2 feet. Just some background info. I ride reg, but want a board that rides the same both ways.

My range is $400/below, so if you have any other board suggestions, offer them up!

Anyways, sizing wasn't really my question.. My question is, is the magnetraction on the Skate Banana worth getting that board over the risk of less stability at high speeds? I also see the Skate Banana is ranked one higher than the Grudge in top boards.

Sooooo help me please! I'm not a fan of "insane graphics" btw.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, considering the skate banana is a purely park board (and not built for double blacks whatsoever), my first instinct is to steer you closer to a more all-mountain board, which can handle both park and pow. I don't know much about the grunge, but it seems a little more sturdy for that (while still being more of a freeride board)

I'd say keep looking in the all-mountain category, to be honest.

#5 ·
dh2 quadratic side cut is very similar to the NS design. flatter radius in the middle, sharper at the tip and tail, the intersections of the changing radius in just more blended and hard to see. Not sure if it is the side cut or the slimewalls but i found that the dh2 was slow to initiate turns on hard snow. I really like the feel of continuous side cuts though, they give a very predictable feel no matter where your weight is. That is a nice thing about btx you still get the continuous side cut but with added grip.

G
#8 · (Edited)
Thank you guys so much for your imput!

Now I'm looking at something else lol. I may be double posting, but completely forgot about this old post before making the new one. Heres what I said:

I'm trying to decide btwn the Salomon Special Snowboard 2010 and the Salomon Burner Snowboard 2010. Burner runs 330, Special runs 340. Special has a wide version to accomodate my size 12.5 ft, and is a little more parky than the Burner. I LOVE speed, but am going to be practicing my halfpipe and jumps this year. Ideas? I'm 160lbs losing weight (not just saying it, I am already 30 down in 2 months) and 5'10". Thanks for your time!

I just love the graphics on them so much! I guess I lied about the design not meaning much to me haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.