Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting Instructor certification
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
k2spitfire's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey in order to get your CASI lvl 1 you must complete both a riding and teaching test. The course is normally done over a weekend and consists of lessons on proper riding and teaching techniques. On the last day of the course you get evaluated on everything you’ve learned through a mock class test where you must teach your group using all the knowledge you have learned. It is possible to pass your riding and fail on your teaching and in this case you must go back and retake just the teaching part which can be done in a day instead of taking the full course. The course costs around 300 bucks and to be honest it helped improved my form and technique drastically. Before I took this course I had already been snowboarding for 7 years and defiantly cleaned up all aspects of my riding. You can also view all the dates the camps are held on through the CASI website and can also register there, hope i helped and i would defiantly recommend this course even if you don’t want to teach as it will take your riding to that next level.

Last edited by k2spitfire; 06-09-2010 at 11:00 AM.
k2spitfire is offline  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome