Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Libtech Travis Rice Pro C2 Snowboard
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
fattrav
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Whoa short bus alert! That site is in NZ, so the board is listed in NZD. It's just over $800 USD.
Annnnnnnnnd Welcome to the New Zealand snow scene! Bend over and have a nice day.

These kind of prices for a snow board are pretty average. Our prices are hiked up to the maximum and its clear that alot of people are getting "there cut" at a premium level, especially in retail shops.

Case in point: I buy a 2011 NS SLR (retails $500USD)* through the rep for $725NZD which is about the right conversion...

I go look at a Burton Custom (retail $490USD according to dogfunk) which would equal roughly $700NZD. But in the stores (im talking all stores, chain and local/core) you'll not get much change out of $1100NZD.

We get screwed over here big time. The weird thing is...people (not fucken me though) are willing to pay this kind of money...

*On the price of the NS board, yes, I know that the rep has less overheads and it was an over order from what he was going to order anyway and blah blah blah. I was damned lucky to get hold of the NS rep here in NZ. I was originally going to deal through the Australian rep, who wanted to charge me $1200NZD for a board less freight (I still haven't quite completed what my reply to him yet...)
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote