Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone tried a trampoline to help their snowboarding/grabs?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
GavinHope

Default Anyone tried a trampoline to help their snowboarding/grabs?

Hey,

I recently had a blast on a trampoline, whilst being strapped onto my snowboard. The idea was to try and learn nose grabs, which I couldn't/can't do

I was wondering if anyone has tried this or something like it, for a few reasons:

1. I taped up my edges before hand with gaffa tape, to protect the trampoline. That seemed to work, but getting the tape of was tres annoying. Anyone tried it without taping their edges?

2. Whilst it definitely helped me to practice some techniques for grabbing the nose, I found in general, the grabs harder to get than I was expecting. Anybody else find this?...

3. ...and a related point, I did actually try loosening my bindings to see what effect that had. I've never actually tried that on the hill before, but being on a trampoline I decided to give it a go. It made a big difference to boning/tweaking the board, but I didn't want to practice in a way that was different to how I ride.

- do people ride with slack straps? Am I just not very flexible? I've seen one or two clips of people on trampolines and they were getting all kinds of crazy grabs...

Cheers, Gav

PS: if you want to read the post/watch video of trampoline attempts, it's here

You might find these useful: Learn to Snowboard Guide and A Guide to Snowboard Tricks
GavinHope is offline   Reply With Quote