Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to Destroy Angels - NIN
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Deviant
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
As a fan of NIN since the early 90's I have to say that is not a standout track. It would have its place in a a club at 5.00 am but I cant see anyone losing their shit over that track, hopefully the rest of the album picks up from there. It just seems to me that the reason I loved NIN back in the day was because it was different and always cut a new path rather than relying on safe methods of songwriting in order to sell albums. Now in 2010 the same old formula seems a bit old hat unfortunately. The song may be new, but it was extruded from a die that was made in 1992.
Yeah I'll agree to that too, it's def not ground-breaking, but I very much like the song, and so far the rest of the stuff I've heard from HTDA. I wonder how many people are going to be let down with it not being along the same lines of NIN though. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy With Teeth, Year Zero, but I'll take Broken over any of it. I didn't seem them live until the Downward Spiral (or was it Further Down the Spiral, don't remember). However seeing them a few times since, their stage show and performance has greatly improved. I don't know if he's still drug free, but the music changed after the fragile.