Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

female snowboards

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mirage 
#1 ·
my girl is looking for a new board, rite now she has a salomon, what ever the girl board they have. its like a coffee table. heavy as hell and no flex in it. so all you female riders let me know whats out there so i dont hear any complaining this upcoming season. if anyone knows how are the roxy boards?
respect for all your input and help

#2 ·
I know it's hard to believe, but Salomon makes more than one board for women. :rolleyes:

Most of the major boarding companies now make stellar products for women. Check out Arbor, Capita, Never Summer, K2, Gnu, Rome, Ride, Roxy, Salomon, etc.

Most Roxy boards are excellent, but I've heard that you should stay away from their low-end boards.

To recommend boards, we need more information on your girl's riding: style/preferences, level/experience, weight, etc.

For excellent reviews, pay shayboarder.com a visit.

#4 ·
If she's looking for something more playful, she'll probably want an all-mountain board:

Never Summer Infinity-R :thumbsup:
Bataleon Violenza
Gnu B-pro
K2 Ecopop

If she wants to go a bit stiffer:
Arbor Push
Roxy Envi
Rome Blue
Never Summer Lotus
Burton Feelgood

Or softer:
Roxy Ollie Pop
Roxy Eminence
Gnu B-street
Arbor Cadence
Burton Lipstick

At her weight, she'll probably not want to go much longer than the mid-140's, otherwise her board will feel pretty stiff. I weigh the same and am a bit shorter and I ride a 141 Gnu B-street and a 143 Capita Space Metal Fantasy.

Happy hunting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.