Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Park City Powder Cats

870 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I'm heading to Utah in February and am looking into taking a Snowcat tour. Park City Powder Cats and Heli-Ski looks like a reputable group, has anyone used this service? Has anyone used a different company for a Snowcat tour?

PC Cats | Park City Powder Cats and Heli Ski

#4 ·
Let me guess your group has EPIC passes.......if you stay in PC you'll be missing on on the best riding the state has to offer at places like Brighton, Snowbird and Powder Mountain.

Park City resorts(the dark side) get our left over snow but your in luck because it's been an "epic" season for everyone and no matter where you go you'll have good conditions...also Park City is a great place to hang out with lots to do. Thats the big thing it has going for it.....there really isn't shit to do(besides ride epic pow) on the SLC side of the pass or up north.

No matter where you end up at have fun and be safe!

#5 ·
Yep, you nailed it, the Epic Pass. With a wife and 2 kids it works out economically. Plus, my in-laws have a timeshare on the Canyons side.

Brighton and Snowbird are 2 places I wanted to try but then Hilton opened the Sunrise Lodge and lodging for free makes the location decision easier.

Last year at Detroit Metro Airport I ran into Louie Vito (sporting an Ohio Against The World hoodie), who was flying back to Utah on the same flight. He told me he has a home on/near Snowbird and spoke very highly of it. I misinterpreted that as an invitation to ride with him, which he cleared up really quickly... lol... Actually, he was a cool dude and talked a lot more than I thought he would.

#6 · (Edited)
Oh if your coming with your family then Park City is the place to be hands down no question about it, nice score on the Canyons condo too!!!!(make use of their awesome heated outdoor pools!!)

Sounds like your set, come back and visit the other side of the pass and maybe even stay with us at Fresh tracks Mountain House sorry horribly outdated site were on Facebook too, we hope to be operational and on AirB&B by next winter and fully open with 3 separate living areas(bunk room, apartment and master suite) 10 beds and onsite craft beer brewing by summer 2018.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.