Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarder vs Tree
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
bigrig

Default Snowboarder vs Tree

I just found this forum tonight and figured it would be a good place to share my story. Back in February, I snowboarded into a tree at Breckenridge to avoid hitting someone in front of me. I severely fractured my right fibula and tibia and almost lost my foot. I had two surgeries to get two plates and 19 screws installed in both bones. I also had to get a skin transplant to help a wound heal.

Fast forward to last week, I found out that I broke both surgical implants during my physical therapy. I'm back to ground zero, facing my third surgery in a few weeks.

I was dying to get back on my board next February, but it looks like that's going to be pushed back. Anyone else have any problems like this?

I've been keeping a stupid blog up to date since February, mainly to share all of the gross pictures with friends and family. I was in an external fixator for a while. You can get to it at Snowboarder vs. Tree.
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote