Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot size/waist width issue?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
chinds4

Default Boot size/waist width issue?

Hey everyone. I finally purchased my first board recently after about 3 years of rental boarding. Admittedly I didn't pay much attention to the waist width of my board when I bought it, just the length. I purchased the 2011 K2 Believer 157 (waist width 251 mm).

Here is a link: K2 Believer Snowboard 2011 : Snowboards | evo

After doing some research recently on which boots bindings I should get, I realized that my boot size may cause some toe drag with the board that I purchased. Although I have not bought boots yet, I have estimated that I will wear a size eleven boot. I have read multiple posts/articles saying that it is recommended that riders with a size 10.5 boot or higher should ride a Mid-wide/Wide board of 255 mm +.

Can anyone tell me if I will be okay with a 251 mm wide board with size eleven boots? If I made sure to purchase the least bulky size 11 boots possible would I be okay? Or should I go for a more mid-wide board?

I have not completely unwrapped the board since it is out of season so I could definitely return/exchange the board.

Thanks for reading and I'd really appreciate any recommendations/advide/help that you can give me!
chinds4 is offline   Reply With Quote