Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - park pickle or burton
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
thetraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
So i just spent a season on a burton custom 167 and until this year I never spent any time in the park.I had a hard time with my custom being so big and was hard to learn park with such a big board. This year I am looking to get either a gnu park pickle or a burton joystick . I am a bigger guy being 6'2 and 220lbs the pickle I am looking at is a 159 and the joystick is a 161 I have never used a reverse camber board and would like something I could learn park with but also enjoy back country and just free riding. I am just stuck and would like some opinions maybe from people that have tried these boards.
I had a similar experience last season riding a mega wide 165 - difficult to have fun in the park. This season I choose a shorter but still very stiff board and I had tons of fun in the park.

So, maybe also take a look at the GNU Danny Kass 158. Its still a twin tip freestyle board but stiffer than Park Pickle and Joystick. Given your height/weight I think it might be the right length for park without being unstable/too much of a noodle on the groomers.

For free-riding and backcountry, why not just stick with the Custom?
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote