Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyones local hill get new lifts this season?

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Muki 
#1 ·
Anyone extra pumped at the thought of new terrain this season? Sadly no new lifts in my area but I would like to hear of any new terrain that is getting added this season! :)

PS it should be getting new lifts this season but it wont let me edit the title.

#2 ·
I know Crystal Mountain out here in Washington is installing a new Gondola. It won't actually open up any new terrain, but it will be another way up the hill. Also, they claim they are installing a terrain park this year so that should be cool. Also, White Pass out here is getting 2 new lifts which are opening up close to 800 new acres of terrain. I've never ridden out there before because it's always been small, but this may entice me to go try it out.

#11 ·
no new lifts at Brighton .. because it the only resort in N.A. to have 100% hi speed/detachable lift access .. theyve talked about expanding off the backside of snake creek for years but traditionally the small sleepy town of Heber thats down in the valley has fought it.. however Heber has become the new Park City as far as living outside the city is concerned and as the amount of businesses rise you can bet added traffic will become more appealing to them

#14 ·
Thought I was the only one 'till you mentioned Hidden Valley.

Apparently the next closest thing is somewhere in Iowa with 100 more vertical feet...according to some lady I talked to while on the lift last season. :laugh:

#17 ·
I don't forsee any new lifts coming in for a while here at Schweitzer, we got a couple new ones a few years back right before I moved here. There is definitely the room for more expansion, but with 2900 Skiable Acres and no lift lines EVER, It's gonna be a while. In the meantime I'll enjoy waiting my usual 10 seconds in line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.